YM Career 360 [Part-time 2 years]
Diploma in Hotel and Business Operation is recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF)
YM Career 360 Programme aim to identify and nurture new talents by attracting candidates to join the hospitality industry, discovering professional talent and promoting employability for candidates in need.
- Practical English in Hospitality
- Practical Chinese
- E-Business in Hospitality
- Professional Customer Service in Hospitality
- Understanding Hospitality Industry
- Health and Safety Control
Hotel & Holiday Business
- Introduction to Event Management
- Food and Beverage Service
- Basic Food Production
- Introduction to Room Division
- Introduction to Tourism Planning
- Through combining industry component and learning elements, students can learn in the workplace while preparing themselves for degree programme.
- Strong hospitality and tourism network provides a sustainable platform for personal development and career progression.
The workplace training component is one of the major components of the programme, under which industry partner acts as a participating employer of the programme by offering a 2-year employment contract to students. Students are obligated to work for 4-5 days (depending on the contract of agreement between the Industry Partner and the College). Industry partner is responsible for the followings:
- Monthly recommended remuneration to student of not less than HK$10,000; and
- Tuition fee for the Diploma in Hotel and Holiday Business Operation programme.
Learning component is the other major components of the programme. Participants will be enrolled in the ‘Diploma in Hotel and Holiday Business Operation’ (Qualifications Framework Level 3), which will be held once a week during the contract period. Students are expected to complete 11 modules throughout the contract period of two years.
After completion, students may apply for the Higher Diploma programme (QF Level 4) at our College or sub-degree programme offered by other local or overseas institutions.
- Completion of S6 (HKDSE); or
- Completion of certificate or equivalent; and
- Pass job interview and obtain job offer from the employer; and
- Pass College admission interview.
Sponsored by employer
Deadline of Application
7th September 2020
Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Sha Tin
Marco Polo Hotels
The Hong Kong Club
The Repulse Bay Hong Kong
Peak Tramways Company, Limited
**in no particular order